Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Five Enchanted Roses Launch Week


I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who made it out to the Facebook Launch Party on Monday. We had such a good time, and an incredible turnout. I was not sure what to expect with an event such as this, but everyone kept me hopping with incredible questions, flattering comments and friendly how-do-you-do's. I sincerely hope you enjoyed the event as much as I did.

Too bad the festivities had to end...oh wait! They didn't! There are still some fun things going on. Anne Elisabeth will be hosting each of the authors on her blog this week and you will NOT want to miss it. Kaycee, Jenelle and I have already been interviewed, with Dorian and Hayden following the next two days. We are answering some thought-provoking questions about Five Enchanted Roses and the beloved fairy tale it is based on.

Also, Jenelle helped us put together this lovely Which Five Enchanted Roses Beauty Are You Quiz, which you simply must check out. It's very enjoyable. Be sure to let us know which character you most resemble!

At this point, I am going to open up the floor for any more straggling questions that may be out there, or for any I may have missed at Monday night's Facebook Party. I will be checking my blog frequently for a few days, so if you think of anything later on you would like to know about Wither, the collection or the experience of being chosen for a special project like this, feel free to ask in the comments. I will be sure to answer as soon as I can! I would also love to hear if anybody is planning on entering the Five Magic Spindles contest this year!

And, lastly, as promised: The dream cast for Wither. 

If you made it to the Facebook Party, you will already be familiar with the first two, but I will share them again for any newcomers.

If Wither were a movie...

Corwin - Luke Evans



For a tragic hero, I think Luke Evans would be perfect. I honestly cannot think of another actor I would prefer. I truly think he was miscast in the upcoming Beauty and the Beast film...I just can't see him as Gaston.












Bet Haverly - Samantha Barks






Samantha did such a wonderful job in Les Miserables playing the awkward tomboy, I think she would do Lilybet justice. It's a tricky thing, finding the right balance between tough and sensitive.











Merchant Haverly - Michael Gambon

Mr. Gambon is a little too old to play Papa, but a younger version of him would do so nicely. I especially love his role in Wives and Daughters. He makes me laugh and cry every time.





Rosamond Haverly - Emily Browning

I love her expression in this picture, full of hopes and dreams. I know Rosamond had a very small role in Wither, but I am hoping to revisit her character in the future.





Sookie Haverly - Elle Fanning


I have seen Miss Fanning in several young roles and think she would make a sweet Sookie. Sookie is naive, innocent and gentle--almost too gentle, for her own good.






The Spook - Liam Hemsworth



And, last but not least, Victor! I couldn't leave out the mysterious and capable Spook from Pandorum. Yes, dear readers, you will be seeing more of this particular Spook.


You will want to keep an eye on the other authors from Five Enchanted Roses. It sounds like many of them have some fun things planned on their blogs this week as well! Don't forget to leave me questions in the comments, if there is anything you would like to know. Who knows, if it is a complicated enough question, I may dedicate an entire blog post to the answering!

Kaycee at The Pink Cave
Jenelle at Jenelle Schmidt
Dorian at Dorian Writes
Hayden at The Story Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment