Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Updates and Whatnot



I know I have been absent for a while. It has been a busy year on my end. I took a vacation from blogging and most things writerly to fully enjoy the arrival of my daughter, Evelyn Jo-Marie. Evy keeps me on my toes and has been a joy to get to know. I have always been attracted to strong female characters like Eowyn (probably because I am not one myself) and my husband and I used to joke about Evy becoming our little warrior princess. However, besides her absolute love for all things dog and fur, my husbands thinks she more resembles the Princess and the Pea than a shield maiden of Rohan. ;)

I haven't been totally absent from the writing community. I am still plugging away at After, my prequel to Wither: Five Enchanted Roses. So for those of you who have been waiting oh so patiently, wait just a bit longer. It needs to go through one more round of proofreading before I can set a release date. Hopefully by Christmas, which I know sounds a long way off but I would rather publish something worth publishing than rush into it.

I am also working on a secret project with a very dear friend and fellow writer, Tammy Lash, author of the historical inspirational novel White Wolf and the Ash Princess and Julie Tsylicky, also a friend and AMAZING artist. We will be announcing our joint effort in only a few short weeks so keep your eyes peeled. I think you will all be thrilled with what we are cooking up. 

I am also going to have my very first booth at a fantasy faire this coming weekend. My husband and I will be selling my book When Ravens Fall and a bunch of crochet projects I have been busily working away on. Lots of Star Wars hats, and dragon and unicorn toys, some bracelets and headbands and what-nots. Hoping it will be a success because now that I am a stay at home mom, I need to find some way to fund my writing hobby. Being an Indie Author isn't cheap, that's for sure. :)

So I apologize for being absent for SO very long, but I hope some of my upcoming projects will make up for it in some small way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment